Friday, January 30, 2009

Look what I can make!!!

So we all remember Junior High and going to home ed. We got to make a bag with the word esprit on it and we thought that we were the coolest people ever! We also made a shirt. And in High school we made a dress and yes I was the geek that actually wore mine to a school dance. What was I thinking? Not sure but I thought that I had done a great job and I was proud of myself. That was then and this is now. WHat the!!!! Anyway Shawnee came home yesterday and was all excited about learning how to use a sewing machine. She asked if she could make something. Yeah sure what will it hurt. She got it all cut out

and put the wrong sides together and started sewing. A minute goes by and she says to me "Do you have to like tie a knot in the thread so it doesn't come undone." I said no that is what the back stitch button is for. Oh OK. She is just a stitching away and then I here. "Mom come fix this" What now. She had sewed all the sides together not leaving an opening. I was laughing so hard!!! Because not two mintues ago she is telling me this is going to be the top of my bag. She must have gotten so excited to be almost done that she forgot what she was doing. I then showed her what a seam riper was. She got it all undone and moved on to her straps. She did a good job considering she just learned yesterday. She needs a little more sewing 101. But for her first attempt I will give her a 10 for effort.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice job Shawnee! The first time I used the sewing machine I tried to make a pink skirt for myself for church and I ended up making it too small so it became Mikelle's skirt. :) Oh the good old sewing days.

Tanya said...

Nice Job Shawnee!! She's not in junior high already is she? Where has time gone?

Deb and Stan said...

Once more, Nice Job, Shawnee!

PS..the dress you made was really cute! I remember it!