Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cabin Fever

So once again we head down to the cabin for the three day weekend. We took along some friends of ours. We had a great time. Kids running all over the place, kids whining, kids fighting, kids getting along and kids saying I am bored. We went sledding again and the run was the pits. The snow was powder so we did what we could do and hope for the best. It was warm so that made for a great sledding hill again. We had one accident though. Shawnee, Janee, Autymm and Cortlyn where all on a green toboggan. Now mind you the run was fast and to go down on a toboggan it was even faster. There is one curve that always gets everyone. If you are not careful you end up flying off the run in to the trees. Well the girls were off we head down the hill to find Shawnee crying. She was still sitting on the toboggan and at the curve. I ask what is wrong she said she hurt her knee. It got pulled under the toboggan while trying to go around the curve. She is fine just twisted it a little bit. But no rest for the weary. The kids sled all day pretty much. The adults played games and ate. We did have one miss hap. Ty fell off the bench and bit his tongue. No pictures I forgot my camera. We thought for a minute that he bit all the way through it. It was bleeding bad. So we got that all taken care of. He lay ed down for bed and the rest of us played murder in the dark. The kids loved it. After a while I could hear Ty. He was not happy. He would not stop crying and he wouldn't drink anything or even swallow. It was so sad. You felt bad for him. We finally at midnight hopped on the snowmobile to see if that would calm him down. Now it was at least below freezing and I just wrapped Ty in a couple of blankets and set him in between me and Brad. We went slow and the ride helped. He stopped crying and I think he even fell a sleep but it was to dark to see. We headed back to the cabin and found he was wide awake. I didn't care as long as he was not crying. So I sat and rocked him on the snowmobile to see if he would go to sleep he did so we headed inside. I was getting a little cold. He woke up as soon as we opened the door. So me and Ty sat and watched The Incredible tell two in the morning. I had to keep rewinding it to the beginning or he would start to cry again. Finally he fell asleep. He was back up at five crying so I lay ed him in bed with me and he fell back asleep. He would say to us "tongue hurt" But that next day it was better and he could eat. Thank goodness. All in all we had a great time. The weather was beautiful no smog. And the company was great.

2 comments:

deena said...

Poor Ty! That is so sad to watch your kids suffer! No to mention, not being able to sleep! I'm glad he healed pretty quickly! What an awful night!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness..I'm glad that Ty's tongue is feeling better. There is nothing that hurts more than biting your tongue. It sounds like y'all had fun. :)