Monday, November 3, 2008

What was I thinking

So as some of you know that I was just released from the primary presidency two weeks ago. Yesterday I got a call asking me to go and meet with the Bishop. Wow that was fast! No rest for the weary. Ok what am going to be doing? I should have just stayed home. I knew that it would be something that was not a big calling, cause they would have asked Brad to come with me. I walk into the Bishops office and as I walk in the primary president walked out. We exchange looks. I sit down and he asks me to be....... drum roll please......

Relief Society chorister


WHAT!!!! So of course I say yes. I walk out and go talk to the last primary president and she got called to be a teacher in Relief Society well I guess I could have had that job. I think I will like mine better. But what am I suppose to learn from this calling? How to embarrass myself in front of the whole relief society while singing and flapping my arms at the same time. That will be a laugh!!!

2 comments:

Deb and Stan said...

HA HA! Great story! I just got released as RS Secretary. Can't wait to see what our new ward has in store!

You are one lucky chica! I LOVE Relief Society!

Natalie said...

Leslie,

Whitni told me about your blog. You have such a beautiful family. Your kids are all grown so big and you have a new addition to the family! She is beautiful. We are living in Southern California and enjoying the warmer weather. WE truly miss Utah and hope to be back again soon someday! You can see my boys and Sadie my 2 1/2 year old little girl. They are all grown up on me too. Life is crazy, hope all is well with you and your cute family! lifeasasampson.blogspot.com PS are you guys still out west?