Monday, November 17, 2008

{ Is THanksGiving still a holiday? }

Last I checked Thanksgiving was still a holiday. RIGHT? Well I wonder sometimes. Last night as we were coming home from grandma and grandpas. We pass a house that had there Christmas lights on the house plus had their tree up and all decorated with the lights on as well. WHAT!!!! We haven't had Thanksgiving yet. I hate when people do that. And the stores don't get me started. It drives me crazy to see Christmas at Halloween. We have all together forgotten all about the wonderful holiday in between. THANKSGIVING! What better time to spend with your family then this holiday. Now don't get me wrong I have my lights up outside but they do not let me repeat DO NOT!!! Come on until after Thanksgiving. I want to feel the wonderful feeling of gratitude that you can feel with this holiday. Gathered with your family and ponder on what you truly are grateful for at this time of the year. So I want to know what you think about this subject. Are we skipping past this holiday because we are to busy to acknowledge it or just a quick break from all the kayos that is about to happen so we better start now? What do you think?

3 comments:

Preston and Keri said...

I kind of agree with you but I have to admit, we are planning on putting up our tree this week. We usually put it up the day after Thanksgiving but with Thanksgiving so late in the month this year I don't want the "Christmas feeling" to go by to fast.
Plus, there's not to many things to do for Thanksgiving, no music to listen to, not very many "cute" decorations to put up, I'm sorry, you probably hate me by now.
Believe me, if they made some Thanksgiving music I would for sure listen to it. ;)
Happy holidays!!!

Jenny said...

I totally agree with you Leslie! I don't start putting up decorations, listening to Christmas music, or even thinking about Christmas until I have enjoyed my big Thanksgiving with family and friends! It is one of my absolute favorite holidays and I agree that it deserves some recognition.

Just me said...

Amen sister, yes, we know when Christmas is, they don't need to remind us 3 months before, nor play christmas music to get us in the mood, because guess what, I'm NOT in the mood....yet, I will be after I eat turkey and feel so fat that I will be ready to go spend some money on Christmas to make me feel better. So Yes, I agree with you! ha ha....