Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Remembering a loved one


Remembering my mom is always a hard one for me. We took the kids to the cemetery and of course took flowers to my moms grave. But every year as we walk up to the head stone. I start to get teary eyed and can't talk. The kids put the flowers by the head stone and we stand there and then we leave. This year I wanted to get a picture of her grandkids that she never met here on earth, but I know that she took good care of them when she had them. I know that she loves them and wishes to hold them again in her arms. They don't know alot about her cause I have a hard time talking about her. (like now I am crying and haven't really said anything) She left this world at a time in my life when I needed her the most. I have had to go through life on my own and figure things out with out the help of a mother. I wish everyday that she was here. There are so many things that would be diffrent and the relationships I have had would have been stronger than they are now. I feel for those of you that have lost a loved one. It is not easy and the pain never goes away. I try to push it as far back in my head as it will go, so that I don't have to think about it. But at random times it all comes rushing back and I am like a little child wanting her mom to hold her in her arms just one more time. It has been 17 years since she lost her battle with cancer. I am just grateful for the time that I did have with her. I know that she would have been proud of me and how I have raised her grand kids. We will love and miss her always.

8 comments:

Robin said...

I also cry as I think about your mom. She was an amazing woman. And both of you went through far too much during our high school years. I really do thing of both of you often. I know that she would be proud of you and Brad.

Brooklyn said...

Leslie...I started to cry, as well, when I read this about your mom. I loved your mom so much, I don't believe I have ever told you this, but your mom meant so much to me when we played softball...she was always cheering me on, and that was during a time in my life when I didn't have much confidence, but every game your mom was there cheering us on! She always had a kind word, I loved to see her there. I guess I never realized how hard it was on you...you are an amazing person, and I think your mom is so proud of you. I know that she held those children in her arms before they came to you, and she is proud of the children you have raised. Thank you for sharing such wonderful post. I hope you know you are never alone...your mom is with you, and all your family and friends are with you!

Just me said...

Leslie, It brought a tear to my eye as well. I don't know if I ever told you but your mom made a huge impact on my life. We spent many summers at your house when we came up and she always was all about making life fun for the kids. She was a terrific mom. Caysi and I still talk about the fun we had at your house and how wonderful your mom was to the both of us. You are a wonderful person because of her! I know she is looking down on you and your family. Melyssa

Preston and Keri said...

Your mom was awesome!! I remember going over for dinner with my family and sleeping over a couple of times and your mom was always so fun and nice.
I'm sorry you went through that...I can't even imagine losing my mom.
I know that she is so proud of you and how you've raised your kids. You're doing a GREAT job!

Rylie said...

Although I was really young I will never forget Aunt Marie. I remember that she was always so friendly and fun, and such a great example. You are a great Mom Leslie and I know that Marie is just beaming down on you and your sweet little family. I like to think that she gives my little Preslie hugs when she misses me. Rylie

Teisha said...

From all the comments it sounds like your mom was a really neat person. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. (now I'm crying) I can't even imagine what I'd do if I lost my mom. I must tell you that you did an excellent job of "figuring things out". You have the most wonderful kids and you're an excellent mother! We love you and your family so much! -Teisha

Tanya said...

Leslie your mom would be so proud of you and all that you have done. Your are a great mom and friend. Your mom was a wonderful person. I will always remember her cheering us on in soccer! You are doing a great job and I hope you know that your friends are always here for you.

Deb and Stan said...

Thanks for sharing those very private thoughts! Every time I'm around you, you remind me SO much of your Mom. I remember just before she passed, she told me "Thankyou for being my friend." Doesn't that just sum up what she was all about? She was a great example to me, and it makes me smile to see that you are so much like her! Love you!