Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Singing in the Rain

WE had a pretty good rain storm here and Cortlyn thought it would be a great idea to get the umbrella out. You have to know that it was over 90 degrees this day and as soon as that storm hit it was about 70 degrees. So Cortlyn and her friends Lauren and Kate got ready to go outside. Notice their outfits. I am loving the fuzzy boots with shorts look, the Wizard of Oz Dorothy shoes and the shoes that are too BIG. These girls are super cute. They were making me laugh. So I just had to get a picture to remember this day. Kenzie was also loving the rain. She didn't stay outside to long it was getting to cold for her in her "summer" clothes. But bare feet and all she was having a ball walking in the rain. A couple of weeks latter we had another storm that came through. We got pounded hard. It rained so hard that the water was running down our river bed and the water was flush with the bottom of the mailbox and road. It rained enough that Shawnee's window well was full of water and coming in. We had a little water damage on the carpet. No biggie. A couple of the neighbors had there window wells flood as well. It rained for over 45 minutes and I am talking monsoon rain. It was awesome to listen and watch as it came down. I ran out to the trailer to check that all the windows were closed. I was soaked. I had water dripping from my forehead just to get to the trailer it was worse coming back in the house. I was pretty wet. We sure were grateful for the wonderful rain that we did receive. Made the lawn green up a little more.





No comments: