Friday, October 23, 2009

Part two {Sealing and Blessing day}









October 21, 2009
Going to the temple to seal Kenzie to our family forever. I love this part about adopting. You feel the spirit so strongly there. We had the kids all dressed in white and when they came walking in, they looked so heavenly and happy. Kenzie sat and stared at the chandelier. After the sealing we got to look in the mirror and see all of us forever. I can not describe the feeling. I had a hard time looking in the mirror because I knew that my family was complete and if I looked I would start to cry and lose it. But I wanted that mental picture to always look back on. We are an eternal family. I am so grateful to have a wonderful husband who has taken me to the temple. For my kids who keep me young and the gospel. With out the gospel I would be lost. I know that families are forever and am grateful that my children could witness this wonderful occasion and feel of that spirit that was there and want to return to the temple again so that they can be married for time and all eternity.

5 comments:

Robin said...

She is lucky to have you and Brad. Congratulations on your very special day. You have a very precious family.

Tanya said...

Congrats again!! You have a great family!!

Preston and Keri said...

I get chills just hearing about it. Congratulations!
I was able to attend the sealing of our good friends when they adopted their daughter and it was amazing. And of course I was sobbing the entire time. It just made me think that my parents got to do that with me and it made it that much more special for me.
I think it's awesome that your older kids are there too. What an amazing, spiritual experience that they will have with them forever!!!

Brooklyn said...

That truly is a special moment, when you look into those mirrors. I will never forget when we sealed Riley to us for Eternity...she slept through the whole thing! I cannot wait to go back someday and feel the same things you felt this day. I am so happy for you, you are an amazing woman and inspiration to many, including me.

Just me said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys! We have been such procrastinators, we are finally getting Georgia sealed to us next month. Such a wonderful time for you and your family!